Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 17buddies Solstice Mapping Contest
Forum 17B > General Forum > 17B's News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
tizu
QUOTE (mr_ZAZA @ 03/04/2012 - 17:10:48) *
How I understood, it is old-school competition? Where I can release my map?

About links... Please, add this link to itself on a site. It is very large site devoted to GoldSrc and Source models. Now I translate it into English. Very useful website for any mapper. Enjoy it!

Sorry for my English. I badly study English in school =)

Nothing to worry about your english. I've studied English for 10 years and I'm still a newb icon_biggrin.gif

And to answer your questions:
1. Old-school, new school, it is important to create a nice map with good design and playability.
2. The team its still debating about where players should upload their maps after their done with it. Nothing to worry, we will find a special place for mappers and we will announce it. 17buddies is doing their best to satisfy everyone.
mr_ZAZA
1. Well, if the wads & models only standard, so contest is old-school.
2. We can upload our maps here - http://www.map-factory.org/counter-strike, and then write links here.
QUOTE (tizu @ 03/04/2012 - 18:18:32) *
Nothing to worry about your english. I've studied English for 10 years and I'm still a newb icon_biggrin.gif

I'm in ninth form now. And I study English 9 years. But I don't know it well sad.gif Therefore I should apologize.
tizu
Well buddy, old-school can be described in several ways.... with default textures, with default designs, after the default maps in cs, etc. So, its interpretable. (So its not so old-school afterall) icon_biggrin.gif

We have our own texture to work with 17bSolstice.wad AND you can use this page for models: http://test.tiger.powa.fr/models/html/models.html

There is no need to upload on second party website, we got our own website (17buddies.net) to upload. smile.gif
Chapo
We have until 20 April to discuss rules. wink.gif

For submissions, I think 17buddies would be a good place, isn't it ? icon_ane.gif

For the moment I'm thinking about a way to upload your maps anonymously in order for us not to be influenced by our respective affinities. icon_cool.gif

When judged, of course each map should be renamed with xx_17bsolstice_mappername (or something approaching) icon_oui.gif

Edit: Héhé..Zaza managed to place his link gap.gif ami2.gif
Chapo
Here is the new 17bsolstice.wad file with special textures included.

Click to view attachment

For your information, 17buddies offers you the possibility to see wads content by clicking on each "content" link wink.gif

Download here the new 17bsolstice wad file.

(same link as first topic)
Chapo
ZAZA: when I look at this map or this one, shouldn't your registered mapper's name be mr_ZAZA instead of ZAZA ?
mr_ZAZA
Yes, but when I was registered, name ZAZA was already taken.
xaxatyh
can the prize be taken in money? )
because i have nothing to advertise, but only my face. HAHA you really put my face on frontpage?
Okay i'll try icon_biggrin.gif
XaxaTyH
Chapo
ZAZA=>doesn't matter. Tell me what is your real mapper's name and we will see what we can do to fix the problem.

XaxaTyH => I will put your face on frontpage with pleasure icon_ane.gif Welcome. wink.gif (will add your name tomorrow. Not easy with mobile device icon_razz.gif)
Max (von A)
Hi all, a question:

That troubles me a lot, I usually sign my map, with an image (wad) "Map by Max (von A) ... etc", that image is a wadinclude, that hidden somewhere in the map, however if not allow wadinclude, how I can sign my map?

Again I deeply thank you for remembering 17buddies felicitation.gif mappers we like counter-strike 1.6, see here many acquaintances, as my friend Tatu Eugen and other mappers whose maps I played many times in my server. We played yesterday your map Tizu: awp_darkcrypt (not knowing that you are one of the participants) and your map awp_dreamsereves was on several occasions in our 3on3 tournament (like any other Tatu's maps).

All excellent mappers, I wish you good luck.

Im worried for not arriving in time, because I am very obsessive... and it takes me up to 4/6 months to finish a map (de_cesky_krumlov were 6 months! LOL blush.gif ) but I play in this competition, to know this new experience.

(my english is of google translation, sorry icon_decu.gif )

Un abrazo amigos!!!
Chapo
I was waiting for this question icon_ane.gif

On june, 20 th, your maps must be anonymous to be judged, but once judged, you will be able to add a wadinclude with your logo/banner/name and publish it with that signature.

Is that ok?

If not, we will be forced to allow wadinlude for mapper's signature and submissions won't be anonymous. It' s your choice icon_neutral.gif
Chapo
QUOTE (xaxatyh @ 03/04/2012 - 22:08:23) *
can the prize be taken in money? )

As you can see on all pages of our site, our donation box is desperately empty, or at least doesn't cover at all the costs of our server.

In addition, we don't have any sponsors (anyway, we didn't asked for..).

So you can easily understand that we can absolutely not convert prizes in money. wink.gif

Perhaps I could pay with my body, but I'm not sure you will be interrested blonde.gif

You'll have to compete for fun and competitive spirit, but I know it's your mindset at all. icon_oui.gif

icon_jap.gif
Plictis
whats the alowed zip file size?
5 or 10 mega?
palp
Hello. Register me. Name - Palp
Chapo
Plictis => 5Mo

Palp => Ok
Kira.
siffle.gif
Chapo
???

What's the problem Kira. ?
Chapo
My adviser S3B (icon_ane.gif) slips me in the ear that in any case it will be able to recognize your creations, even if you post them anonymously. (call him 'God' please ..) icon_cool.gif gap.gif

Accordingly, I inform you that:

. first the submissions can be sent with your username,

. secondly, you're allowed to wadinclude a logo or a banner in order to sign your map (but you're not allowed to incorporate other textures not in relation to signature).

We will check that very carefully and wadincluding non authorized textures will be disqualifying wink.gif

Chapio.gif
Vova
Name: Vova
I'll try wink.gif
S3B
This contest will be great laugh.gif
and Welcome Vova wink.gif
Chapo
Give email Vova plz wink.gif
Max (von A)
QUOTE (Chapo @ 04/04/2012 - 13:33:33) *
. first the submissions can be sent with your username,

. secondly, you're allowed to wadinclude a logo or a banner in order to sign your map (but you're not allowed to incorporate other textures not in relation to signature).

We will check that very carefully and wadincluding non authorized textures will be disqualifying wink.gif

Chapio.gif

Thank you Chapo biggrin.gif , (and thank you S3B ) felicitation.gif

PS: S3B, You are not going to participate? blink.gif (At least one presentation of a map "out of competition" icon_oui.gif )
S3B
S3B, You are not going to participate ?

No, sorry, i've really no time... icon_decu.gif
Chapo
QUOTE (Chapo @ 04/04/2012 - 19:56:41) *
Give email Vova plz wink.gif

siffle.gif

Can't register without a mail sent by PM wink.gif
SergioPoverony
Hi. Please add in wad this is "crossing" texture
You should do textures by series. From for wrong texture pak - map will badly look. All mapper well know it and can support me in this question!!

EGYPT5_gr.bmp and ht_rock01_gr.bmp and ground_gr.bmp

Full series ground-to-wall

That who created your Texture pak - has experience more than 3 years in creation of maps and texturing?

For fine and correct mapping
SEE
VERY BAD

VERY NICE

VERY NICE + STONE
Vova
QUOTE (Chapo @ 05/04/2012 - 20:32:25) *
siffle.gif

Can't register without a mail sent by PM wink.gif

sorry, I forgot )
Chapo
Ok. No problem wink.gif
Chapo
Sergio => I let tizu and S3b, our 2 mappers, answering to your post. wink.gif
Kira.
There is one more problem smile.gif the texture crate23 from 17bsolstice.wad has the same name with the texture crate23 from halflife.wad smile.gif please fix that. Thank you!
Chapo
My technical advisors should get fired icon_ane.gif
Vova
We can use texture added by SergioPoverony ?
Max (von A)
Let me know if I'm wrong but:

The 19 official wads for Counter-Strike v1.6 you can use are:

chateau.wad
cs_747.wad
cs_assault.WAD
cs_bdog.wad
cs_cbble.wad
cs_dust.wad
cs_havana.wad
cs_office.wad
cstrike.WAD
de_aztec.wad
de_piranesi.wad
de_storm.wad
decals.wad
halflife.wad
itsItaly.wad
liquids.wad
prodigy.wad
tswad.wad
xeno.wad

(please let me know if I miss some official wad)

These wads are those that come with the original game and these textures are those that may be used in this contest. The only external wad that can be added is the "official" contest:

17bsolstice.wad

May also include a wad in bsp with the method of "wadinclude" at the time of compilation of the map. But only allowed to include a texture that is used for the "signature" of the author of the map, an image with a logo, a signature or banner of the author.

The remaining external textures are not allowed with this method of "wadinclude". This criterion is used to achieve a "unification" on all maps that are competing.

In my case, if I may, I will use two images for my signature that will be hidden somewhere in the map:

An image for the author's signature and a banner for my Studio "BlackDragon Project Studio", if not let me use the banner, I can unify into a single image with the signature, that depends on the organizers of the contest ...
Vova
I have a problem with understanding of using texture sad.gif
Chapo
For the moment you're right Max. icon_oui.gif

Vova: don't worry: we should soon find a solution that can satisfy everybody. wink.gif

Note: Really, very sorry for our server. We are searching why it is so slowly since two days and I hope we should quickly find what's happen because it is very annoying. icon_decu.gif
Naigel
I don't think you should be adding more and more textures to that .wad, cause you might as well allow custom .wad's then.
chaosmedia90
hy boys and girls , im chaosmedia90 from Romania [ old mapper deathrun and other modes ] smile.gif , me can i enter in this contest mapping? smile.gif))
Chapo
Of course you can. icon_oui.gif
Send pm with a valid email wink.gif
chaosmedia90
QUOTE (Chapo @ 06/04/2012 - 22:50:55) *
Of course you can. icon_oui.gif
Send pm with a valid email wink.gif

not so fast smile.gif what i want , i need use my wad-files , not limited to sicks wads from cs-16 default smile.gif and i use wadinclude , so?
Chapo
Perhaps another time, but for actual contest you can't use your own wads (just wadinclude your signature).

Sorry. icon_jap.gif
chaosmedia90
QUOTE (Chapo @ 07/04/2012 - 07:07:35) *
Perhaps another time, but for actual contest you can't use your own wads (just wadinclude your signature).

Sorry. icon_jap.gif

ok thanks for reply , is sick ideea that with default wads, you limited imagination of mapper and reduced resources smile.gif
Good luck to participants !
Chapo
Quite the contrary. gap.gif

I think limiting the use of external wads and forcing the use of one wad forces mappers to show imagination and creativity to stand out from other competitors.

Anyone (even me..icon_razz.gif ) can make a free map. Making a map with forced wads is much more complicated.

This increases the complexity and level of competition. The resulting map will necessarily be a great map especially with the very high level of registered mappers. icon_oui.gif

I look forward to seeing the results. bravo.gif
S3B
+1, i agree
S3B
@SergioPoverony
Your texture are pretty and conform with our contest, so we'll add them, if Chapo wants.
chaosmedia90
Chapo you can add me in list smile.gif

Name : chaosmedia90
Mail : chaosmedia90 (at) hotmail (dot) com or chaosmedia90 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Contact skype : chaosmedia90

Thanks.
Max (von A)
If you are going to change the textures of 17bsolstice.wad please update and subirlaa the web. It will be the third time I get off biggrin.gif

(And since you are adding textures ... You could add a blue roof textutas? would like the actual roof textures, but the same blue color with the windows, I could use for my new map...lol wub.gif )
Chapo
. Ok to add Sergio's textures (if they are really necessary)

. Vova asked me in private if you MUST use 17solstice.wad (perhaps he could use only default textures): Of course you must wink.gif

. Max, what does mean "blue roof textutas" ?

Sorry if we are still hesitant about the wads. This is our first contest (and we hope this is not the last) and we want it to be perfect wink.gif
Kira.
Don't forget to rename the texture "crate23" from 17bsolstice.wad biggrin.gif
Chapo
Waiting for Max to explain his "blue roof textutas" and we will upload an new version of solstice.
Max (von A)
I meant only a small change, but do not think it possible, for the map that I have thought I could use to add something like:

It matches with the windows and the blue door, but it was just a suggestion, very personal.

But also would leave the other roof, just add a texture to the package which may be useful

PS: I hope I was clear, my English is very bad
S3B
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sergio's textures are not really necessary, we can create the same effect with a well build map wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.