Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modifying Map - How Difficult
Forum 17B > Counter Strike 1.6 > Your Maps - WIP - Tutos
Lanm
I want to modify some maps to open the rooftops on them - which are partialy unreachable because of the hidden walls. I also want to add some ladders. I only have the client/server files for these maps and no sources.

How difficult would it be? I am completely new to mapping but otherwise quite expirienced.
LiveWire
QUOTE (Lanm @ 31/01/2015 - 20:38:14) *
I want to modify some maps to open the rooftops on them - which are partialy unreachable because of the hidden walls. I also want to add some ladders. I only have the client/server files for these maps and no sources.

How difficult would it be? I am completely new to mapping but otherwise quite expirienced.

I`d start by running the map with low gravity to see if you can get on the roofs because as you say they are often protected by hidden (clipped) walls which can`t be changed.
Tonight /A/
It depends actually, if the mapper used clip or {BLUE textures. If he used {BLUE, then he tied it with func_wall entity, so you could remove it with AMXX plugin.
Lanm
So, building modified BSP file is not doable?

What about ladders?
LiveWire
Might be easier to tells us wich map you want to change.

The other problem is that editing maps without permission is often frowned upon, but if you setup your server right the client has no need to download the edited map. wink.gif
Lanm
I am particularly interested in modifying de_torn.

Looking at mysterious info in disassebly programs I found mentions of func_wall.

I also found info about that it may be quite possible to disassemble the map and reassemble it with some probable quality loss.

QUOTE (LiveWire @ 07/02/2015 - 21:57:27) *
The other problem is that editing maps without permission is often frowned upon

I believe that nobody can teach me what to do as long as I do not claim credit, publish it and do not earn money with it or something like that.
LiveWire
QUOTE (Lanm @ 07/02/2015 - 22:01:39) *
I am particularly interested in modifying de_torn.

Looking at mysterious info in disassebly programs I found mentions of func_wall.

I also found info about that it may be quite possible to disassemble the map and reassemble it with some probable quality loss.

I believe that nobody can teach me what to do as long as I do not claim credit, publish it and do not earn money with it or something like that.

No its not possible to disassemble and reassemble complex goldsrc maps, although you might get away with colour maps but these would take little time to remake.

But as de_torn is a stock map so its ok to edit, so run the map in low gravity and see if you can get on the roofs first.

run the map
type sv_gravity 70
try jumping on the roofs
Lanm
I already tried that prior to the creation of thread. Roofs are randomly locked.
LiveWire
QUOTE (Lanm @ 08/02/2015 - 14:29:35) *
I already tried that prior to the creation of thread. Roofs are randomly locked.

Yeh a few are clipped so you can`t get up, nothing you can do with those.

http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=30

That progam lets you see and select the things you can edit.
Lanm
Thanks everybody, I will experiment with these.
whitneywright1
It actually depends on whether the mapper used clip or {BLUE textures. If {BLUE was used, then it's likely tied with the func_wall entity, allowing you to remove it with an AMXX plugin. injector ml
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.