Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corrupted Map Downloads
Forum 17B > General Forum > Bug / Improvements
LiveWire
As discussed in the shout box downloaded maps now won`t open for me unless I rename them to RAR.

Below pic shows a file compare of the same map downloaded from here today 2/2/17 and on 22/1/17, the recent zips are identical apart from an extra byte at the start that stops them from working.

Click to view attachment

Tested on windows 10, Firefox and Microsoft edge (logged in & as guest)
Ubuntu Linux + Firefox (as guest)
Chapo
I don't (and never) have this extra byte when I download any file on 17b

Your file, downloaded 5 minutes ago:
Click to view attachment

This is a screen from Notepad++, but I have tested with HxD too and get the same result: no additional byte icon_neutral.gif

Can others who have same problem post here their configuration ?

For me:
Windows 10 + Chrome/Firefox/Edge in last versions: no bug
Connected and guest: no bug
Chapo
Additional byte in your screen is a space (0x20).

From wich page do you download files?

Do you use captcha ?
Chapo_Test
Connected as a "single" member: no bug when downloading files.
Chapo
Think I have found:

There was an extra space at the beginning of one php file and if you were downloading from a list page (I download from detail page) this extra space was sent with archive.

I have modified file and I think it's fixed now.

Can you verify please?
Igrik
When I find myself in times of trouble
Chapo merry comes to me,
Speaking words of wisdom -
Use HLBox.

I wrote this poem just yesterday, sorry, if this offtop. whistle3.gif
LiveWire
Yep works for me now, many thanks Chapo chapi1.gif
S3B
felicitation.gif felicitation.gif felicitation.gif felicitation.gif felicitation.gif felicitation.gif felicitation.gif felicitation.gif
recondesprayer
I was told several days ago not to download anything from 17buddies because the files have viruses. Is this true, did it get resolved, was I being lied to and I just now looked up dod_saintsnow and the page does not look like it usually does. I think I uploaded the two examples. The dod_saintsmorning is what I am used to seeing before downloading a map. The dod_saintsnow is different. Any comments?
Chapo
There are no viruses on 17b's archives and you can download without stress.

The two screens you posted above are a screen of a map page (dod_saintmorning) , and a screen of a wad page (dod_saintsnow) and thus, are different.

No bug in theses pages wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.