Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wad Download Problem
Forum 17B > Counter Strike 1.6 > General discussion
d@rc@
Hi. I have some weirdo problem with my recent released map called 'awp_india_2015" .
Apparently, the problem is the .wad file wich can't be downloaded from the server because it will crash the game. If i have the .wad downloaded mannualy, the game won't crash because there is no need to download wad file.. but if i don't have it manually, it will download the file a few seconds and make some empty folder in cstrike called 'name.wad' , and the game crashes.
Does anyone know why appear this problem right now? I've searched about empty wad name folders.. and i found only discutions about engine updates.. but that isn't helpful.
- again, sorry for poor english.
PS: I'm steam on.
EatingPizza
d@rc@, it seems you found the original HL bug reports of this problem at https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/160 and https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/234 It's sad that the problem has re-appeared. To be honest I don't think Valve care that much about fixing it. The best advice is to make your players aware of the problem and have them delete the empty folders.

I believe the main reason the empty folders are created is when the client fails to download a map from a fastdl server and then tries to download the map directly from the CS server.
Chapo
Do you use fastdownload on your server ?

If so, try to add a path before your wad name in res file

not sure that "cstrike/india15.wad" will fix the problem (wad will be downloaded in the wrong place) but perhaps "./india145.wad" will do.
d@rc@
I try without fastdownload.. because if it's not working without, then neither..
@ The wad is downloaded in cstrike as where it belongs.. but as a empty folder not .wad format.
LiveWire
Hey up, does it have weird text, full stops, capital letters or spaces in any of the filenames?
d@rc@
No.. none of those
Safety1st
May be your gfx.wad just get corrupted?..
LiveWire
Seen this pop up a few times now, if Verify Integrity of Game Cache doesnt fix it try this.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/10/discussio...76145695500523/

Exit Steam entirely.

Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\)

Rename the "steamapps" folder to "old_steamapps"

Re-launch Steam and re-install the game.

Once the installation is complete, test the issue.

If this resolves the issue, you may copy the new files into the "old_steamapps" folder and rename it to "steamapps" to restore your other games without re-downloading.

If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If renaming the "steamapps" folder and reinstalling the game resolves the issue, you may do the following to restore other games without re-downloading them:

Exit Steam entirely again.

Open the "steamapps" folder, press CTRL+A (select all), then CTRL+X (cut).

Open the "old_steamapps" folder, and press CTRL+V (paste). This will move all of the new files into the old folder.

When Windows asks, allow files to be overwritten with the new ones - this will replace corrupted files in the "old_steamapps" folder.

Delete "steamapps" and rename "old_steamapps" to "steamapps"

Re-open Steam and your games should be restored in working condition.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.