Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello Everyone!
Forum 17B > Counter Strike 1.6 > General discussion
FR0NTLINE
I'm IN need of Dust2 textures for CS 1.6, I am not a mapper and do not know or think I can figure out adding
different textures to dust_2. I would love to have this map Texture included in a DUST2 map without having
to download a wad file so others may join my server without needing to download over their existing WADS.
http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/View/Map/890...st2_forest.html
I have a clan and will be running servers as soon as my plugin buddies are done.
If you can help me and need a clan or home hit me up on steam.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Zero Tolerance
de_dust2 uses "cs_dust.wad" textures. And some textures included in BSP (like banners).
I don't understand what you want exactly, but you can edit BSP ad will — add/remove included textures, add/remove WAD files, which use BSP file, etc.
FR0NTLINE
Well When I've uploaded a Dust2 map the wad nobody else can download the map because they allready have the
dust2 wad, I'm looking for the same Dust2 map with the textures of that link, with no wad download. Included in the
BSP.
Chapo
And why don't you take dust2_forest? It's dust2 with textures you want icon_ane.gif
Zero Tolerance
  • Select and download custom "cs_dust.wad" (de_dust2 custom textures). Rename it to "cs_dustx.wad" for example.
  • Copy "de_dust2.bsp" to "de_dust2x.bsp".
  • Edit this BSP file with BSPEdit, more precisely, replace "cs_dust.wad" to "cs_dustx.wad".
  • You got "de_dust2x" map, which uses "cs_dustx.wad" textures.

* You also can edit deafult "de_dust2.bsp" for "attach" custom WAD file.
FR0NTLINE
Thanks alot guys this will help biggrin.gif
dust2_forest is too big it's not the regular dust2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.