Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pkgamerx Maps
Forum 17B > Counter Strike 1.6 > General discussion
Chapo
Start new discussion here to try to understand why PKGamerX maps crash on some configurations and not on others.

icon_jap.gif
Chapo
oO..

Non members can't post anywhere on forum
Chapo
QUOTE (MILBURN @ 15/11/2013 - 01:18:36) *
NAW I'M GOING TO NAP ,since the hole world has bad c.s. versions except him and his friends ...( he must be using a non steam version which is illegal in his circle of banana friends ?)
and his vhe is corrupted ( I have read in "MIP" section in G.B. that his maps take 2 to 9 hours to compile ) there is a issue there for shure

Though I will let you in on a secret

any one use a "resgen" program? I make a file this way to know exactly what a map needs ( we can click on the "make RES" link above and see the issue there )

we know or i hope we all know that a BSP shows the directory of wad files used if they are listed and even if not actually needed for the particular map
one strange issue with his maps is a code that pops up in this area of the bsp which the RES file reads also as does the game itself
lets look at what the valve hammer compiler has when this map was compiled
cs_office.wad
gamerx.wad
af.wad
cs_dust.wad
pkgamerx_1dust.wad
pkgamerx_2dust.wad
pkgamerx_3dust.wad
pkgamerx_4dust.wad
pkgamerx_5dust.wad
pkgamerx_6dust.wad
pkgamerx_7dust.wad
pkgamerx_8dust.wad
chateau.wad
cs_747.wad
cs_assault.wad
cs_bdog.wad
cs_cbble.wad
cs_havana.wad
de_airstrip.wad
de_aztec.wad
o2a <---------- now what is this ,I see this in his maps that crash with no error even given ( I suspect that a non steam game version somehow ignores this )

we should all be familiar with the various RES programs out there (sometimes we need more than one to see what a map needs in a easy quick process)

also we should be familiar with "BSPEditor" I made a quick look for the exact one that I use but have not found it online at this time it has a icon of a dog for your info
there you have it 2 tools that any mapper should have ,even server operators should you can change spawn locations add spawns ,add just about anything
in the past i may have a map that has a ladder and if i want to mix things up on a server i can make that ladder disappear and not be functional , I can add wad files and remove wad files also ( I try and warn mappers that they should always make maps wad included
ok ok enough secrets for now ,would of made a thread but then the hole world would know wouldn't they
time for some zzzzzzzzzz

You're right.

When openng res file or editing bsp file with hex editor, we can notice a strange wad name at the end of wads section as show on screenshots below:

Click to view attachment

and

Click to view attachment

I have tried to edit the bsp file and change the wad name in readable one but it changes nothing: map crashes anyway.

The truth is elsewhere icon_ane.gif
gamestar110
eek.gif Too many .wad files r used
Igrik
I suggest another name for this topic: Problematic maps (or something like that).

So another problematic map seems to be dod_bridge2.
http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/View/Map/8601/dod_bridge2.html

Ch40$ asked me to check if this map running (or working) for me.
lots of files was missing in archive.
I found all the missing files needed for this map, re-upload map zip and problem disappear. yeah.gif
For me, but not of him. unknw.gif

Ch40$
Hey , understand also not ! Start this map -> Crash .
have dod new install , again
i load this map on my Server , i will see

In my opinion, it's a very good map and it's a pity that some people can't play on it. bh.gif

It would be good to give much thought to it. scratch_one-s_head.gif
Chapo
I think we could make a different post for each problematic map.

That will avoid to mix problems as long as maps are not fixed

icon_jap.gif
Ch40$
hey, my dod crashed and my 2 Server crached and from my Friend the Server also crached blink.gif

logs:
L 11/18/2013 - 08:15:38: -------- Mapchange to dod_bridge2 -------- (no error in the log, Server down)
delete this map ?
Igrik
QUOTE (Ch40$ @ 18/11/2013 - 13:09:24) *
hey, my dod crashed and my 2 Server crached and from my Friend the Server also crached blink.gif

logs:
L 11/18/2013 - 08:15:38: -------- Mapchange to dod_bridge2 -------- (no error in the log, Server down)
delete this map ?

Yes, dammit! Delete it. There's nothing to wait for. bc.gif
Keep calm and forget about it. whistle3.gif
PKGamerX
Ch4o$, there's already a discussion of my maps so please create another thread about yours. Thanks!

And Chapo, what I've noticed is the RES generator of your site. It generates those WADs, which aren't used by map too!

And now, I've started providing RES alongwith my maps.

So, test this out then tell me whether it is working or not.

Thanks!
Chapo
Last map works fine, but other maps crash, with or without res file wink.gif
Chapo
Editing new map with hex editor show that there is no 'wad' section in entities list.

So, all the strange chars have disappeared, and all unused wads too wink.gif
PKGamerX
As I've already told that this is the problem of 17B's RES generator.

It's confirmed that 17B's RES generates such RES files for those maps having no RES file provided by default, that it generates out some weird WAD as you guys shown me in the Screenshots.

So, to make it 100% confirm that it's 17B's RES generator problem, I want you guys to, test this map also.

And sorry for late replies as I'm busy on my own work, studies, etc. So, be patient guys! closedeyes.gif
Chapo
Surely my res generator isn't perfect, and i haven't modified code since a long time, but...

1) 99,99% of maps don't crash when installed with my .res files,
2) your maps crash even if they are not installed with my res files.

I don't say that it can't be my resgen script and i will try to check for that, but i would appreciate that you could consider, just for a moment, that problem may resid on your side. Don't focus on my resgen. Problem may reside elsewhere.

Since ten years i code for 17b, i have analyzed hex code of more maps than you can imagine and believe me, all maps where there was strange chars in entities section, crashed.

Perhaps you could recompile a proper version of your map, without unused wads and with clean paths and we will be fixed of origin of bugs.

ami2.gif
PKGamerX
MILBURN, what are trying to say? Please tell me clearly because I understood nothing!

Everyone, if you don't mind, please test the following maps:

Fy Normandy Cemetery
GX Dust Night 2
GX Parking Garage
De GamerX Town3

Because I've included the RES files in them, so we can see whether this is the problem of RES or not.
We'll continue after you all test these maps.

Thanks!
PKGamerX
QUOTE (MILBURN @ 24/11/2013 - 16:42:02) *
From what i can see from your gb profile you have trouble with English , I can not use another WAY TO EXPLAIN

NOTE: since you have tried to add a script to your Gamebanana profile to get my IP banned ( you know what i mean) ,I see no reason to help , I suspect you have selective understanding of the English language and are a youth age prone to lash out
I NOMINATE WE MOVE ON FROM YOU AS YOU ARE MINOR ISSUE TO US HERE !

So, it means that you were wasting my time at all. What you really mean by appreciating you or 17Buddies with my Contest map? I asked for some models of Cross Tombstone here, but I didn't get one nor any help for my map, so why should I appreciate you or 17B?

What kinda script? I don't know what are you talking about. Will you ever gonna speak clearly without spamming like this?

If you don't care about this issue, then why did you post here? Just stop spamming like this and if you aren't interested in this, then please stay out of it.

Now, stop this and don't post useless posts. You aren't invited on this topic after all, you're just SPAMMING with useless posts!
S3B
You aren't invited on this topic

He's a Moderator here siffle.gif

As i seen, Milburn wanted to help you, like me, with no success icon_decu.gif
Chapo
QUOTE (PKGamerX @ 24/11/2013 - 16:34:24) *
I asked for some models of Cross Tombstone here, but I didn't get one nor any help for my map, so why should I appreciate you or 17B?

Perhaps because we tried to help you. Wasted time to find models, telling you you better use prefabs, and so on..But as it wasn't what you wanted to ear, you consider we haven't helped you. Ok, not a problem.

It's like your maps, for which i think we have spend lot of time trying to help you fixing bugs on your maps but you don't want to listen what we're trying to explain to you and you still focus on res files.

Your maps will still be marked as bugged because they are and it's not 17b fault.

icon_jap.gif
PKGamerX
S3B, but he saying that my maps are minor issue here, so I simply said that.

Chapo, ok man, I've mentioned 17B at the Credits. But again, should be credited only if you really got a help from someone. I've seen many other posts on my WiP of this map, but only credited to the real helpers, but just forget about this topic.

But why don't you understand that, I'm stuck in the middle, don't know whether is it my maps or its users issue. Because mostly of my friends and other users can play my maps whereas, some not, like you all. icon_decu.gif

So, my point is, again, to test those maps (linked above) first, check whether they are running or not. If they get any error/crash, so I can confirm that it's not a issue with RES, then maybe it will be with WADs (like you've mentioned too).

I, also like to mention that there are some bugs with the Hammer, which puts two player models (one of T and other CT) in the map, I don't know why but it does. Any idea on it?
S3B
This one : http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/View/Map/930...merx_town3.html is Ok ^^
S3B
I just say one thing : you have just 14 years old ( like my son) and here you speak with people near 40 years old, and more, so be patient and respect when someone answered you. Here, you're not on Ga****na. If you respect us, we'll respect you....
S3B
I, also like to mention that there are some bugs with the Hammer, which puts two player models (one of T and other CT) in the map, I don't know why but it does. Any idea on it?

Hammer put 2 Models when you create a new map? or after, when you re open a map?
Chapo
QUOTE (PKGamerX @ 25/11/2013 - 17:49:46) *
So, my point is, again, to test those maps (linked above) first, check whether they are running or not. If they get any error/crash, so I can confirm that it's not a issue with RES, then maybe it will be with WADs (like you've mentioned too).

They are not build like the ones we marked as bugged, so if they don't crash, it doesn't confirm anything.

I'm SURE that if you compile bugged maps, without unused wads and WITHOUT strange chars in wad's paths, it will run correctly wink.gif

Just try and we will be fixed.

QUOTE (S3B @ 25/11/2013 - 17:55:48) *

QUOTE (S3B @ 25/11/2013 - 18:01:53) *

Those maps run well but they don't have strange chars in paths wink.gif

QUOTE (S3B @ 25/11/2013 - 18:05:56) *
near 40 years old, and more...

vieux1.gif veuxtebattre.gif icon_angry.gif
Igrik
As always for this occasion I found a song: whistle3.gif

So many adventures couldn't happen today
So many songs we forgot to play
So many dreams are swinging out of the blue
We let them come true

Forever young, I want to be forever young... siffle.gif

(Alphaville - Forever Young Lyrics)
to_become_senile.gif biggrin.gif
PKGamerX
S3B, if you go and check one of my RES file of those two maps you've uploaded, you'll see two player models something like gign.mdl or whatever, one of CT and one of T.

It does put two models because of the render used in VHE 3D view, as rendering the player models instead of green tall boxes (you know what I mean). And it does put when I put player entities (info_player_start/info_player_deathmatch).

So, is this OK? Or it has happened with you someone too?

About that age and talk issue, yeah I just become furious quickly sometimes. But I've never been rude much. huh.gif

So, now the problem of my maps crashing has been resolved? That was because of no RES files, right?
S3B
Ahhh you spoke of resource in res file ? ( i think in Hammer before ^^ ). I think it's not a problem, it's included files.
PKGamerX
The problem is resolved and this thread can now be closed. Right?
Chapo
Problem is not solved for bugged maps wink.gif

But I won't lose any sleep on that icon_razz.gif
PKGamerX
There's a simple solution for that, possible at the moment, remove them from this site.
Because, I can't fix them as I have to download them and rework on them to fix the bug (generating a proper RES file). As I'm working on a project where I'll be making Version 2 for all of my maps, including these bugged maps too.

But the truth is that they aren't bugged anyway. They just need a RES file, even for only a single-BSP map (no custom contents like models, sprites, etc.). It is still not resolved yet, why some can run my maps but some cannot. But I will find its solution someday.

Also, Chapo, is there not anyway, 17B can upload archives without modifying it (auto-generation of RES, Text file including, etc.)? Honestly, I like to keep my archives as originally as provided. biggrin.gif

I also got busy nowadays with my studies, so I may reply lately.

Thank you to all for taking your time and helping here.
Chapo
.res aren't generated automaticaly when uploading maps. If your archive has a res file, it won't be modified. If your archive doesn't contain res file, no res will be added.

There is just a 17b txt file added, but it doesn't alter map in any way.

Can't wait for your _v2 maps wink.gif

ami2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.