Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error With 17buddies Res Files (hlbox)
Forum 17B > General Forum > Bug / Improvements
Van Wehrle
After updating my hl dedicated server (win7) I crash on map changes. Someone made a plugin to fix res files currently in use at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1984400 however I have a thousand maps zipped into packs already and uploaded on my web domain that used 17 buddies tool to make the res files.

Is there any way I can fix them without downloading 1000 zipped maps, fixing each manually, and re uploading them? lol it'll be a lot of work that way.

(the allied modder guy says it's the UTF-8 format (with BOM) and since the latest hlds update you have to use a format without BOM. You get Bad String because the engine doesn't like the extra bytes put at the top of file. What his plugin does is to loop on all .res files, and replacing first line by the same string which removes first bytes.)

thanks,
van
Chapo
I will check for that ASAP.

Thank you for the information.

icon_jap.gif
Chapo
HLBox already use UTF8 without BOM encoding since a long time.

The problem was with our inline generator that used ANSI for encoding. I have fixed for now but I have no immediate solution for already packed files.

Will try to find a solution for existing files.
Karan Mohadkar
its the .res
files of 17buddies
same happened with me icon_decu.gif
then read that post on allied now its fixed icon_kimouss.gif

now i can play those maps icon_oui.gif
Chapo
I will prepare soon a script that should fix problem for all existing res files in 17b archives.
S3B
icon_cool.gif

icon_jap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.