Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Cs 1.6 De_tierheim_assault Map
Forum 17B > Counter Strike 1.6 > General discussion
Safety1st
I successfully start de_tierheim_assault map on dedicated server. But when I try to connect the game fails right before put in server with the error message 'Bad File Data'. I even don't understand what it means wink.gif
But I really want to get that wonderful map fixed.
I believe 17b community is capable to find a reason at least.

Safety1st
Anybody?
0sTeN
QUOTE (Safety1st @ 16/08/2013 - 18:24:40) *
Anybody?

Try making an .res file or something bad file data is proberly stated becuse of you loading the wrong wads and stuff try making a backup of everything and only have the files stated to the map ! smile.gif Try .res file first
S3B
+1
Recreate the res, i've the same problem on some maps
0sTeN
QUOTE (S3B @ 16/08/2013 - 18:38:00) *
+1
Recreate the res, i've the same problem on some maps

I wasn't fully wrong in my statement icon_razz.gif
Safety1st
Thank you for the answers!
I found the cause. It is incompatibility with server anticheat system. I've sent bug report to its developer. There is nothing I can do.

BUT
The map does had problem itself. It was author mistake. For some reason he used default models from valve\models\ (scientist.mdl и scientistt.mdl), put them to models\de_tierheim_assault\ BUT forgot to put other required mdl-files (scientist01.mdl ... scientist07.mdl) of the 'package'. The game failed to locate them and hung.
I've changed entity list (models\de_tierheim_assault\scientist.mdl -> models\scientist.mdl), removed now unneeded duplicates, reuploaded to 17b and now the map works perfect!

For those who are interested I've temporary saved old package
S3B
Good job !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.