Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixed Version Of "de_bridge_cz" Map?
Forum 17B > Counter Strike 1.6 > General discussion
Rich Nagel
"de_Bridge_CZ" was one of the maps that didn't make the final cut of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, so it wasn't really finished up by Ritual.

That being said, this map is really a work of art IMHO smile.gif It does suffer from some texture problems though. Several of the textures that are supposed to have transparency do not, with ugly black around them where the should be transparent. The hanging vines textures (as well as a few others) aren't displayed within the game with transparency (making them look butt-ugly).

I loaded the WAD into a texture editor (Wally Texture Editor v1.55b), but everything looks kosher to me (the textures in question are all tagged as transparent ("{"), and they appear to use the proper palette index and color for the transparency; palette index 255, RGB 000,000,255).

Anyhow, does anyone know of a download for a version of this map that has the transparency fixed for the screwed up textures?
Naitsirk Revisited
QUOTE (Rich Nagel @ 09/02/2013 - 10:00:49) *
"de_Bridge_CZ" was one of the maps that didn't make the final cut of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, so it wasn't really finished up by Ritual.

That being said, this map is really a work of art IMHO smile.gif It does suffer from some texture problems though. Several of the textures that are supposed to have transparency do not, with ugly black around them where the should be transparent. The hanging vines textures (as well as a few others) aren't displayed within the game with transparency (making them look butt-ugly).

I loaded the WAD into a texture editor (Wally Texture Editor v1.55b), but everything looks kosher to me (the textures in question are all tagged as transparent ("{"), and they appear to use the proper palette index and color for the transparency; palette index 255, RGB 000,000,255).

Anyhow, does anyone know of a download for a version of this map that has the transparency fixed for the screwed up textures?

It isnt about the textures, but the entity. All those textures will be transparent if someone could edit those brushes making them entities and putting their render mode to solid (no light) in VHE. I also thought that there must be a proper version and I really like the map, but sadly there isnt an .rmf file on the net to edit. Only if someone could convert that .bsp file into .map file without getting brush errors will this map have a chance.
Rich Nagel
Thanks for the info smile.gif

Yeah, really a shame that there isn't a fixed version of this map... it's really nice looking.
.:T:.Mr_White
In order for a transparency brush to work it needs to be tied to an entity. Either a func_wall, func_illusionary, or func_wall_toggle. Those are the most popular entities used in conjunction with transparency textures.

If indeed these textures that you speak of are tied to entities then it would be a matter of opening up the bsp with two programs I recommend and fixing the properties of these entities. BSPViewer and BSP edit can remedy such things. If they are not and are simply textures, then there is no way of fixing the map without an RMF or map file.

If they have blue around them and the blue is showing then set them as a func_wall which is "solid" if you want passable then func_illusionary. Renderamt and rendermode is what your looking for.

For example: Say you have a func_illusionary which is a passable brush and the texture has vines on it but there is this ugly blue or black. Any brush that is tied to an entity in hammer is designated a "model" number. Just hammer way of categorizing.

CODE
{
"model" "*100"
"renderamt" "255"<-----last color  
"rendermode" "2" <----- Texture, gets rid of the blue.
"rendercolor" "0 0 0"
"classname" "func_illusionary"
}

If the texture has black around it then its slightly different, change the rendermode:

CODE
"renderamt" "255"
"rendermode" "5" <-----Addictive, gets rid of the black.

Good Luck,

white
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.