Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dod_valor
Forum 17B > Hl1 Mods - Hl2 Mods - Other Mods > Half-Life / Half-LifeĀ² > Day of Defeat / DoD:Source
.:T:.Mr_White
DOD_VALOR - 30% Complete

Two stage beach assault map. Allied para troops jump from planes high above the map and plummet down into the ocean below, attacking and axis defending.

Haven't decided what kind of captures I'm going to do. The map will be either object orientated or object and flag orientated.

Here, allies leap out of a plane. Hope you brought your parachute. Right now its a box.

Falling and falling.

Chapo
I would prefer "normal" textures instead of those ugly orange ones wink.gif
KrA40n1
QUOTE (Chapo @ 28/08/2012 - 19:31:17) *
I would prefer "normal" textures instead of those ugly orange ones wink.gif

Called "dev" textures...

The map looks awesome waiting to see it textured smile.gif
Thank you everyone.

I only use "dev" textures when creating the map. It allows me to see everything more clearly, edges, etc. What you are seeing is mostly an outline of the map and is 30% completed. Think of it as a "rough" draft. I will be re-texturing with the proper textures when I have completed the map.
Chapo
Ha ok. There are so much "orange like" maps, i thought it was still another one. Sorry wink.gif
Wo norries chapo, I am guilty also of producing such "orange maps", they are ez to make.

MIlburn, just for you...I will reserve a copy in orange.
Working on this next, I will make a point to get this done. It's a love and hate relationship, lol.

dod_valor is a two stage, 3 objective attack/defend beach assault map. I have been mulling over valor for quite sometime on how the map is to be played out and I think its time to finish this map.

While I was away in Mexico I worked on it a bit and tossing ideas how the beach part of the map will be played out. I've decided to go with a commerical fishing boat that sets out in the sea, a life boat; which will be behind the boat and an alternative way of transportation to a safe spot . Also I'm going to create a T-shaped dock with a smaller fishing boat or next to it and a few rocks formations in the cove for added protection.

The allies start out way up in sky in gliders, so far that the axis can't even see the allies. Allies leap from the gliders and free-fall for a good couple seconds before see what is ahead, an ocean. As the allies are falling, there are flak explosions going off. Para-shoot mod will be great for this map and give it more of a realism feel. Otherwise, the invisible teleport hovering over the ocean will save you from going sPLaT!

One of the objectives is to take out the flak cannon which will be on top of hill by the ruined house and well. By destroying this flak cannon that will disable the explosions and captures you first objective, which in turn will open access to your next.

Next objective and spawn advancement will be deteremind by a capture of the town on top of the hill.

The theme of this map is a fishing village with a huge axis military presence. Black ops mission, off the books. Allies will have to capture and blow up a flak cannon, capture a building where re-enforcements are called and stage 2 begins.

Stage two - Axis Military Base.

The commerical fishing boat, a mock up of one. I'm going to redo it and make it bigger and better.

Mock up of ruined house where also the flak cannon will reside.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.