Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll / Sondage: Cloud Computing
Forum 17B > General Forum > Bug / Improvements
Chapo
This afternoon I was reading articles about cloud computing and I was thinking about such a feature on 17b.

For example allowing members to download maps directly on their dropbox/skydrive or another provider (if possible).

So I ask you the question.

Please answer wink.gif

Cet après midi je lisais des articles sur le cloud computing et je réfléchissais à la possibilité d'implémenter ça sur 17b.

Par exemple, permettre à nos membres de télécharger des maps directement sur leur dropbox/skydrive ou un autre fournisseur (si possible).

Et donc, je vous pose la question.

Merci de répondre à ce sondage wink.gif
Michl
A kind of Mirror on other Website´s? icon_jap.gif
Chapo
Yes and no. A distant area where you can store some files and synchronize with your computer.

Sample 1:

You're in the bus or train and you browse 17b website with your smartphone or Ipad or any mobile device. You see an interesting map and you decide to save it. Of course you can on your mobile device, but it can't serve you for use on your computer. So, you decide to "store on the cloud". The file is downloaded on your cloud provider and automaticaly synchronized with your computer when you arrive at home.

Sample2:

You have a shared folder in your cloud area, shared with all members of your team. You browse 17b website and notice an interesting map. You decide to "Store on the cloud". The file is downloaded on your cloud provider and automaticaly synchronized on all teammate's computers. So, you all have the same map at the same time.

Perhaps there are others applications I haven't thought for the moment wink.gif
Michl
Sounds very interesting. But how will it work?
Chapo
Don't really know. icon_ane.gif

I will look in details depending of poll results wink.gif

For more informations about providers, check those links:

. General information

. Dropbox
. Skydrive
. GoogleDrive

If i start coding this feature, I will only work with providers that have a developper API wink.gif
Chapo
UP wink.gif
gamerone
I use drop box. Not the others. It is really easy and effective to use! Also many applications support it too as its been around for so long.
Michl
What has become of it? icon_ange.gif

My website is hostet on ovh France. I have enough Space. i can give space for 17b
Chapo
only 7 answers icon_decu.gif

For the moment, I don't want to spend time to code a function (seems hard to install) if nobody use it wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.