Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Downloads Rules
Forum 17B > General Forum > Bug / Improvements
Chapo
Ok, so I coded new features to protect us from abuses in recent days.

Here are new rules:

1) Non members must succeed the captcha test before downloading maps or wads.

2) Registered Members don't see this test, unless they have reach 50 downloads in a day.

I think that this new feature is not so contraignant for members and non members.

If you encounter bugs or strange behavior, please tell me here.

Chapo

Ok, donc j'ai codé les nouvelles fonctionnalités pour nous protéger des abus constatés ces derniers jours.

Les nouvelles règles sont les suivantes:

1) Les non membres doivent passer le test de captcha avant de télécharger une map ou un wad.

2) Les membres enregistrés ne voient pas le test, sauf si ils ont atteint la limite de 50 téléchargements par jour.

Je pense que ces nouvelles règles ne sont pas contraignantes pour nos membres et non membres.

Si vous rencontrez des bugs ou comportements étranges, merci de me l'indiquer ici.

Chapo.
Chapo
Important detail:

Sometimes, you will see an operator (+ or x) in captcha string.

When so, you must not enter the string you see, but the RESULT of the arithmetic operation.

It's more difficult for bots wink.gif

Détail important:

De temps en temps vous allez rencontrer des opérateurs (+ et x) dans la chaine affichée.

Dans ce cas, ce n'est pas la chaine que vous devez entrer, mais le RESULTAT de l'opération.

Ca complique un peu les choses pour les bots wink.gif
xleb2014
Hi, Chapo! I am trying to download the map "mg_piratewars 2012". My browser downloads link on the page(not a file!!!). Please, help me.
P.S. it's a link http://awww.17buddies.net/17b2/View/Map/74...ewars_2012.html
Chapo
No problem for me with this map:

LiveWire
xleb2014 a work around might be to use click & play, it does make it much easier to install games.
Ron Obvious
I can not log in to the downloads page. When I connect to http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/index.html, it looks like I am logged in but when I try to browse, search, or download CS maps, it says I am not logged in. When I try to log in, I am redirected to http://46.105.113.94/17b2/index.html and remain logged out.
Safety1st
Ron Obvious, try to fully reload the page with Ctrl+F5 key. Also to get more info try different browsers.
Ron Obvious
I am not having the same problem today. Thanks if you fixed it. Nevermind if you didn't.
X-Z
Greetings!

According to your rules, registered members will see captcha after 50th download per a day. I am registered and I have a problem: after 50th download I see no captcha, but I get a message like "You've reached 50 downloads this day!". And no downloading started, just this message. After ~24 hours I can download again. Can you help me with it?

Thanks anyway!
X-Z

P.S.: And I think somehow I can't send private messages. icon_decu.gif
S3B
CTRL+F5, or allow javascript and others...

wink.gif
X-Z
QUOTE (S3B @ 24/08/2016 - 08:19:53) *
CTRL+F5, or allow javascript and others...

wink.gif

Still not working. The captcha appears after 50th download, but when I pass it the message says like "You have reached 50 downloads this day. Try again tomorrow". Java is allowed.
Chapo
Registered or not, after 50 downloads you must wait 24 hours.

Nobody has the necessity to download more than 50 maps per day wink.gif

Captcha is just for non registered members to avoid bots.

icon_jap.gif
X-Z
QUOTE (Chapo @ 29/08/2016 - 21:32:23) *
Registered or not, after 50 downloads you must wait 24 hours.

Now I get it. Thanks.

QUOTE (Chapo @ 29/08/2016 - 21:32:23) *
Nobody has the necessity to download more than 50 maps per day

I have. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.