Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Map Alterations
Forum 17B > Archive 17 Buddies > Multilingual > English
Fracture55
I'm looking to see if anyone is able to alter a pre-existing map. I found a nice map that I'd like to use on my server. the title of the map is "course_ctr". It's a very cool car map. But, there's just one problem: when the round is over, you keep your guns if you win. So, obviously, that means the enemy is just go to get slaughtered in spawn before they have a chance to jump in a car. Does anyone know how to fix something like that? icon_oui.gif
Chapo
Altering a map without author permission is not cool.

You should ask author before modifying he's map (msn address provided in map's details)

icon_jap.gif
Gogs-TFC-Legend
QUOTE (Chapo @ 03/10/2011 - 23:58:55) *
Altering a map without author permission is not cool.

You should ask author before modifying he's map (msn address provided in map's details)

icon_jap.gif

Yeah, doing that sort of thing is pretty gay...

http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/View/Map/529...imateclimb.html
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/159098

(18:54:56) (@Scrambles-the-Death-Dealer) anyone know a "Chapo" or someone that guys by Chapo in CS?
(18:55:06) (+GodiaN) ya hes a hacker
Chapo
I never modify maps in anyway. Don't even know how to do...

Just sometimes fix wads in order to make maps running on servers.

Do you have a problem with me?
Gogs-TFC-Legend
QUOTE (Chapo @ 07/10/2011 - 05:31:22) *
I never modify maps in anyway. Don't even know how to do...

Just sometimes fix wads in order to make maps running on servers.

Do you have a problem with me?

In case you didn't see, FB_ULTIMECLIMB is not the name of the map. You changed the map name and left no credit to the author. That's modifying the map in any way.
Chapo
We NEVER rename maps, and i think we have no interest to do so (*).

We crawl games servers in search of maps that we don't have. When we find one, we upload it on our website with all the associated files that we can find (readme files, waypoints ..).

It is true that we do not always check the names of the maps. If the team or the server admin has renamed a map, we can not guess.

In addition, we have so many maps on our website that we can not remember a map is identical to one another. When we find one, 17b team or friendly members indicate in a comment.

You can not accuse us of hacking maps.

We are the only website that automatically extracts and displays readme files of archives or packed infos of bsp file to give full author credits. And each time we can add additional information of author (website, video, etc..) we do it.

So please, we are certainly not perfects, but we are not maps hackers and surely not mappers ennemies...

icon_jap.gif

*: It's not really true: Because 17buddies doesn't accept maps with same name, I have renamed some maps one or two time when two really good maps were uploaded on our website and when i wanted to keep both versions because both were really good maps and each had it's place on 17buddies. I renamed the maps with _v1 and _v2 tag and indicated in comments the real name of the map. Perhaps should I not do that but I don't think it's an insult for the mapper and it's map.
Chapo
Can someone tell me if those maps are the same or not:

When I look at screens we have, i don't think they are the same, but I don't have TFC installed and I don't want to pay 4.99 just for this test..

Please provide screens in order to prove your answer...
Chapo
So, with the help of Milburn wich send me screenshots, we can compare maps and:

The-climb and fb_ultimateclimb are the same maps.

The-Climb3 is not the same.

With datas in our possession:

The-Climb3 is a map from Nyronic (txt file included in archive)
The-Climb is from Joe^vi[.r!] (txt file included in archive)
fb_ultimateclimb is a copy of the map of Joe^vi[.r!]

And now? What are we doing? I would like to read what you have to say...Seems that you were wrong, because you claimed fb_ultimateclimb as yours but it's not true.

In addition, it would seem that you created a pale copy of the-climb. Who are the stealers and hackers?

Come on guys...Come and explain what's your problem...
Chapo
I think so too, but I would have liked them to come, not to apologize, but at least say they are sorry for their mistake.

But perhaps this is to hard for them icon_decu.gif

In fact, it doesn't really matter and it will not prevent me to sleep icon_razz.gif
nyro
QUOTE (Chapo @ 10/10/2011 - 15:34:58) *
I think so too, but I would have liked them to come, not to apologize, but at least say they are sorry for their mistake.

But perhaps this is to hard for them icon_decu.gif

In fact, it doesn't really matter and it will not prevent me to sleep icon_razz.gif

Sorry for mistaking my own map as my own.

Joe^vi was an old alias, yes the-climb3 is NOT the same, hence the "3". It is a sequel, to the-climb and the-climb2. I'm not sure why you deemed that as a rip off/remake.

Why would I waste my time making claim for some ancient map from 9 years ago if it wasn't mine? The map was converted to CS without permission, that part I don't care about. What I care about is that it was renamed.

I don't have the original anymore, which is why it was modified before it was created.

http://www.editingarchive.com/tfc/MapList....p=-1&SV=300

Scroll down to nyroball... should be the 2nd map in the list, notice the author? "NyRoNiC^vi (Joe^vi)"

A simple google search will give you similar results:

http://www.google.com/search?q=the-climb+j...024&bih=666
Gogs-TFC-Legend
well i think this shut them up
Chapo
You know what: I think I'll delete your map of the database so the problem will be definitively solved. I've already spend too much time on it.

icon_jap.gif

Edit:

Map deleted from our database. Fed up with this map.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.